At Belmore Primary Academy, we believe that children learn best when:
- Their learning is carefully planned and structured so that all pupils make good progress
- Teaching and learning activities inspire, enthuse and challenge their curiosity for learning
- Assessment informs teaching so that there is provision for support, repetition and extension for each child, at each level of attainment
- Children understand how well they are doing and how to improve
- The learning environment is positive, engaging, and safe
Our teaching and our curriculum is built around these key principles.
We are in the process of developing a new curriculum to reflect changes to the National Curriculum introduced this year.
We are also developing a new approach to assessment now that the Government has removed the old National Curriculum levels that were used to show how well children were doing and the progress they were making.